Carole Samaha (كارول سماحة) is a musician, singer and actress. She has released five studio albums. Samaha has a masters degree in acting and directing, which she earned in 1999. In 2004 she won the Arab Music Award for best female newcomer. She has also won multiple Murex d'Or awards and was nominated for Best Arabia Act in the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards.
Samaha was born in Lebanon to Antoine Samaha of Kenshara and Nouhad Hawi of Dhour Choeuir. She grew up with her parents and two brothers, having only one dream since childhood, being on stage. She started her career as an actress in the theatre as well as television.
After introducing herself to Mansour Rahbani, one of the biggest Lebanese and Arab composers, she experienced a turning point in her career as she shifted from drama to musical theatre and found success.
Oughniat El Toufoula
(اغنية الطفولة - Children Songs)
(انا حرة - I'm Free)
Adwa' Al Shohra
(أضواء الشهرة - Lights of Fame)
(حدودي السما - The Sky Is My Limit)
- Murex d'Or of the "Revelation of the year" in 2000.
- "Best female artist of the year" in 2003 for her album Helm, given to her in the Arab Music Awards Contest which was held in Dubai.
- Murex d'Or as the "Best Polyvalent talent" (actress and singer)
- "Best album of the year" in 2006 for her album Adhwaa El Shohra, given to her in the ART Music Awards which was held in Cairo.
- "Best Lebanese Female Singer" Murex d'Or award in 2007 for the first time, but this was her third Murex overall.
- "Best Arab Act" in the MTV Europe Music Awards 2008 (along with Mohammed Hamaki, Karl Wolf, Abri and others.
- Murex d'Or for the "Best Album of the year" (Hdoudi el Sama) in June 2010.
This article incorporates text from the Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Sorry, there are no events available yet.